HAIRSPRAY & CRAYONS....

LIFE AS A MOMMY OF TWO AND HAIRSTYLIST FROM HOME!

Saturday, February 21, 2009




Life is a Treadmill

Well, if it isn't February 21st, and over four months since my last update! Why is it my life seems like a treadmill that just speeds up the more you run? I am sure I am not alone, but I think my time management skills could use an upgrade :)

I heard a saying recently, about parenting..." It feels like days go on forever, but years are gone before you know it." I am starting to truly know what that means!
I have a shiny new laptop ( thanks to a late Christmas and thoughtful family) and have started to upload many pictures that have been wasting away on CD for a few years. Yesterday as I was looking back at some pictures of the kids from a few years back, I got very misty eyed, and sentimental. I remember some days when Reece was in the terrible twos, and Chloe was in her first years at school, wishing for the day to just be over, as I was so tired, stressed, and definitely not thinking about how fast the stage would pass! It felt like some stages went on forever, and I wasn't always enjoying the moments. I feel sad for myself in a way, because I "got through" those days, but feel like I missed a bigger picture sometimes. My kids know how much they are loved, and have always been given lots in terms of cuddles, and treats, and things to do, but I wish I could go back & give them more of me, loving the imperfections of life's little moments.
In the pictures, I see little children that are a very distant memory now. My kids are full - fledged KIDS into all the busy activities, and computer games, and friends that they should be in to at this stage. It's only now that I am starting to soak them in and really hold on to this stage, as I know in a few more years, this is the stage I will long for. Chloe getting dressed in yellow & black to match her science project on bees....Reece needing to push the button to open every handicap door we see in public places, and me, the busy mom whose kids make me feel like the most important person in their little worlds.
I can't tell you how fast our kids grow up, because mine are still growing, and I am living in each moment, thankful for the wonderful journey they and I are on together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home