HAIRSPRAY & CRAYONS....

LIFE AS A MOMMY OF TWO AND HAIRSTYLIST FROM HOME!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"The Cough"


Chloe is missing school today cause she has "the cough" as she puts it. It sounds so ominous...she has a cold ( again) but she really is coughing a lot so I thought we might not cause a complete outbreak at school! So I have noooo idea what we are going to do today but I think I will get her to work on some of her reading & printing at home today. ( How did I become a mom of a first grader already!?! This almost seems surreal!) She is doing great at school already...she is sooo helpful & gets treats and rewards from the teacher all the time ( ahhh brings back memories !)
Last Friday Chloe got a SUPERKID award at school! Yayyy I am sooo glad because of the fiasco last year!
It was the night before the last day of school last year & Chloe says " I sure hope I get my superkid award tomorrow". We were told that every child gets one at some point oin the year & it donned on me that she never did get one! So I made a frantic call to the school & left a message on the answering machine basically pleading with them to give my kid an award so she isn't totally excluded & crushed...Well, they didn't, and I had the lovely task of reassuring her that they must have made some mistake...it was kind of a big deal to a 5 year old!
So she came to the car on Friday sooo elated that the principal came over the PA system & called Chloe Carnegie to the office to receive her SUPERKID award ! It may just be a box of smarties to us, but it's a huge deal to a kid & something that hopefully will erase the memory of being the only one to NOT get one last year. I am glad it's out of the way & I won't have to personally cause a scene in the office!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home